Old 06-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

For many years I had a painful neuropathy called meralgia
paresthetica. This is a nerve that arises in the lumbar area--
lateral sensory femoral nerve---which travels past the pelvic bones into the abdomen of the back and exits under the pelvic ligament in the groin/thigh.

When I was at my worst just a decade ago I did alot of research on this problem. One of the surgical causes is
this biopsy if it is taken from the iliac bone of the pelvis. (this is the usual testing site). My trigger was a C-section that was the vertical incision looking for tumors on my ovaries which could have caused my high risk pregnancy with hypertension.
I suffered with this from 1981 until Lidoderm patches were marketed about 10 yrs ago. These patches put me into a remission when I used them daily for 2 weeks.

There are many hits on Google explaining this. Search
"meralgia paresthetica bone marrow test".

There can be some anatomical variants in the placement of this nerve...but if you have a good doctor and remind them that you don't want this side effect, you can escape damage to this nerve.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (06-21-2016), ger715 (06-22-2016), glenntaj (06-21-2016)