View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 01:45 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thank you once again Bryanna for providing this wealth of information. I have to say that no doctor that I've seen has made a connection between my intestinal and dental health.

For my Colitis I take 4.8grams of Lialda and a probiotic (Florastor) as recommended by my GI. I've also made a conscious effort to eat healthier. My symptoms are under control. A colonoscopy in April showed marked improvement in the colon compared to Jan. 2015 when I was originally diagnosed.

My tooth #20 is sound (I saw my regular dentist today) and has not had a root canal. I do however have other teeth that have been root canaled. (it's a miracle I'm still alive)

Being a child in the 60's and 70's trips to the dentist were really painful and unpleasant. There would be times that 4-5 years would go by without seeing one. Only once I was in pain would I give in and see a dentist. By then it would be too late and a root canal and crown were needed. I've been much better about keeping up with appts since finding my current dentist (13 yrs) but I guess the damage has been done.

I have another bridge on the lower right side of my mouth (# 31, 30, 29). I don't know off-hand if any of those have a root canal.

My dentist today recommended an implant at #17 once the extraction of #18 is complete. He urged me to do the extraction soon for fear of an abscess developing.

My head is spinning right now.
poilj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote