View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Poilj,

Conventional doctors and dentists do not generally discuss the correlation between the mouth and the rest of the body. Holistic and Biological dentists as well as Integrative and Functional Medicine practitioners do discuss the correlation. All practitioners have learned about the mouth and body connection. But unless they have sought further education beyond their basic schooling, like the Integrative and Functional Medicine practitioners, they don't delve into that important connection as they should.

Glad to hear that your intestinal health has improved!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by poilj View Post
Thank you once again Bryanna for providing this wealth of information. I have to say that no doctor that I've seen has made a connection between my intestinal and dental health.

For my Colitis I take 4.8grams of Lialda and a probiotic (Florastor) as recommended by my GI. I've also made a conscious effort to eat healthier. My symptoms are under control. A colonoscopy in April showed marked improvement in the colon compared to Jan. 2015 when I was originally diagnosed.

My tooth #20 is sound (I saw my regular dentist today) and has not had a root canal. I do however have other teeth that have been root canaled. (it's a miracle I'm still alive)

Being a child in the 60's and 70's trips to the dentist were really painful and unpleasant. There would be times that 4-5 years would go by without seeing one. Only once I was in pain would I give in and see a dentist. By then it would be too late and a root canal and crown were needed. I've been much better about keeping up with appts since finding my current dentist (13 yrs) but I guess the damage has been done.

I have another bridge on the lower right side of my mouth (# 31, 30, 29). I don't know off-hand if any of those have a root canal.

My dentist today recommended an implant at #17 once the extraction of #18 is complete. He urged me to do the extraction soon for fear of an abscess developing.

My head is spinning right now.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote