View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 09:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

No it's 1 worm into 2 worms , not the other way around.

And yeah I learned quickly the SE Georgia is not for the faint of heart. We have multiple varieties of venomous snakes, black widows, brown recluses, palmetto bugs which is just a fancy term for HUGE flying cockroaches, alligators, wild boars, gnats (aka the flying teeth), harmless armadillos that sound like elephants tramping through the underbrush, slightly less harmless possums, raccoons the size of bears, all on top of oppressive humidity, and killer heat. Oh and of course the yellow flies and fire ants hills every five feet.

Keep in mind these are all in the CITY... I'm not even talking about living off the beaten trail in some shanty. My folks live a bit more towards the beaten path (still only 2 miles from my house) and deal with all that in addition to flocks of vultures, crazed wild turkeys that love to block them from getting to their cars, snapping turtles and the odd puma sighting.

Oh and forgot all the lizards, tons of lizards, they run all around the place down here and it's nothing to find them inside your house, no matter how little you open windows or doors, they are reverse houdinis, no where they can't break into. And forget being able to see out your windshield during love bug season, it's not going to happen.

And if all that doesn't get you, you also have to hope against hope that when your neighbor is burning some brush that they didn't get any oleander in there as it's toxic plant even when burning, and if you're weeding your garden be sure to wear gloves to guard against the multiple varieties of stinging nettle and burrs, and don't forget your shoes outside, not only to guard against reptilian and mammalian threats but to protect the instep from gum balls.

Great place can't you tell , I can't wait till the hubby is ready to retire so I can run away and never return LOL
tkrik (06-25-2016)