Old 06-21-2016, 07:16 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default You have accomplished sooooo much

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKay View Post
I don't ask my husband too many questions. Sometimes things come up and I get some breadcrumbs, though. I mentioned that I texted his step father "Happy Father's Day," but he didn't return my text. My husband said, "They acknowledge it through me." He never mentions it though. Odd.

We've been back together for a year and a half. I'm sure there has been some conversation about how we are doing, etc. We are doing well, with the exception of his behavior, which he would never acknowledge. He has his reasons for keeping us separate, whatever they are.

I was 11 months sober yesterday. It think if I can do that, I can handle at least 2 weeks of the highly restricted South Beach Diet. I'm not going to cut out coffee though, but I will switch to fat free 1/2 & !/2, use less of it, and use sugar substitute. I don't think it will be too difficult to prepare 2 different dinners. My book arrives on Friday.

I'm going to continue my work on the exercise bike. That can only help.
My only worry is that I won't be taking in enough calories to tolerate the meds I'm on. I'm going to have to listen to my body, and add a few more carbs if I need to.
And don't you ever forget it
Just the fact you can and have not
gone off grid
And maintained soberiety is everything
Everything
It is so hard
Just to do
One day at a time when bombarded at all sides
You have kept your composure
Family and how fickle they can be
And amazing job it is to having a significant other in that way
and you are willing to in that unit
You can only do for you
And make things happen for you
Easy it isn't
But you have conquered
One day at a time
You matter
Love
Me
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (06-21-2016), Mari (06-21-2016), mymorgy (06-21-2016), OhKay (06-22-2016)