View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 07:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Gum Pain around one tooth - filling faulty?

Hi Bryanna, and hi everyone :-)
I have posted on here before and am an active reader of this forum, and would love your valuable input on my most current situation:
I just went to see a new dentist (who lives closer to me than my regular one) and explained to her that I am experiencing a very sore gum around tooth Nr 4 (next to an extraction side, but it is painful on both sides of the tooth, not just next to the extraction area). Basically, I have had issues with soreness of the gum off and on for a good year or more now, but it would always clear up after a week or so. Now, I can feel the soreness all the time. It feels as if one had a popcorn skin or something stuck between both sides of that tooth and the adjacent gum, and it feels very irritated and sore :-(. I don't eat popcorn and even the dentist said, nothing stuck there. It just feels like it.
Anyways, the new dentist is convinced I need to get the filling on that tooth re-done (the filling is on the side of where Nr 5 would be).
I decided to drive the extra hour to my long-time regular dentist to get a second opinion. She said, she could not see anything wrong with the filling at all! Also poked around my gums in the area, which was painful, but she said no visible swelling, infection, and no blood, so she is not sure why I would experience this pain! I am oil pulling, putting Neem oil on it, do salt-water rinses, take very good supplements every day, don't smoke, drink or eat processed foods... I am at a loss and would appreciate if you could take a look and tell me if you can see anything on the X-rays. Also, I should add that there is some material still stuck to that Nr4 as I had a Carlson Bridge for a few months which then got taken out as it was too tight and caused pain. So, you may see some extra material on the x-ray that is from the bonding or something.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate any input as I am not sure what to do next! Just replace the filling as per the first dentist? But would that make my gum on BOTH sides of my tooth feel better, I wonder - second dentist says, no, it would not most likely. ??? What now ???
Meera
Attached Thumbnails
Gum Pain around one tooth - filling faulty?-15_rt-molar-bw-1-jpg   Gum Pain around one tooth - filling faulty?-14_rt-premolar-bw-jpg  
Meera Dasi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote