Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you Eva, Donna, and Bizi :group hug:

My South Beach Diet book is supposed to arrive on Friday and I intended to start the diet Monday, but my husband's birthday is July 9th, our anniversary is the 10th, and my birthday is the 11th. I buy an ice cream cake every year and we will be eating out. I won't be through Phase 1 of the diet by then, and won't be able to stick to it, so I have decided to wait until the day after my birthday to start it (but may change my mind ?). I was hoping to start sooner, but I guess this will give me more time to plan. I will continue my work on the exercise bike in the meantime.

I'm letting all the crap with my husband's family go for now. I'm not going to waste anymore time thinking about it right now because it's detrimental. If another issue arises, I will make him deal with it. Then maybe I will see some transparency for once.

I see my neurologist today. I will talk to him about my fatigue issues, which haven't improved. I want to discontinue the amantadine. It was too sedating for me to tolerate in the afternoon, so it's likely not helping, and may actually be contributing to am sedation, too. I also have to discuss the edoscopy I'm having on Friday because the reflux and swallowing problems could be due to MS. I do have preexisting swallowing problems due to MS. I have no gag reflex. I'm also losing my balance sometimes and staggering to the left at times when tired, but it could be due to sinus/inner ear issues from my allergies. He can just take a peek in my ears.

My neighbor's mother moved in with him about 6 months ago and she has mild dementia. I ran into him in the laundry room and asked about her because I hadn't seen her in a couple of days. The poor thing fell and broke both her wrists and will require bilateral surgeries. I let him know I'm just across the hall and am usually home, and would be more than happy to do welfare checks when she returns. I hope they send her to rehab for a little while before they send her home because she will be pretty helpless for a while. It's sad because his daughter was married the day before and he said that was the happiest day of his life. They are all very nice people. He's been my neighbor for 6 1/2 years.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-22-2016), Dmom3005 (06-22-2016), eva5667faliure (06-23-2016), Mari (06-22-2016), mymorgy (06-23-2016)