View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 12:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I went to a chiropractor once...my doctor would not see me until I did even though I didn't feel like it was a good idea. It was awful. I have RSD in my neck and he did a lot of manipulations of my neck and the pain was just terrible afterwards. This was a NUCCA chiropractor though...which is different from a regular one. I personally feel that this type of chiropractic practice is a joke and left the dr who prescribed it at the next appointment. His office is connected to that chiropractor and I felt he basically blackmailed me by saying he would not see me until I went to this chiropractor (who doesn't take insurance and whose office is literally connected to the doctor's office by a hallway in back that is completely open). Just very unprofessional but most importantly...caused me a lot more pain. I would avoid any of those NUCCA chiropractors for sure...but maybe the regular kind would be worth a shot? I cannot speak to it...but the whole experience has made me very wary of the entire profession.

I have not tried acupuncture...have heard from others that it was not helpful and either made them worse or that during the treatment they got relief but as soon as it ended the pain came back. Given that I have experienced spread from very small trauma (a bump, a shot, etc)...it just doesn't seem like a good idea for me. Hopefully someone can give their experience on this one if they've had it done before.

Wish I had more positive to say...maybe others have had better experiences. We all react differently to different treatments. In my recent flare up last week and over the weekend (couldn't walk at all on Sunday morning and only enough to use the bathroom later in the day), I used my Quell unit for several day, took hot baths with Epsom salts, used my ultrasound unit on my leg after baths, and used several heat patches to finally break me out of it. Still a little worse than usual but feeling much better.

I hope you find something to help you break this flare and bring you back to baseline.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (06-23-2016), DejaVu (06-24-2016), Inspiretoday (06-22-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016), ShaggyChic_1201 (01-19-2018), zinnia (06-24-2016)