View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 01:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Nancy gave good advice above. The key you want to look at is the McDonald Criteria. If you only have a couple of lesions, they typically want to see either new lesions more than 6 months apart from the previous ones, or more than one episode of clinical symptoms separated by time in order to give a diagnosis of MS. I don't know for sure, but I doubt they would give you a dx of progressive MS if you did not meet the RRMS criteria, because it is likely the lack of defined progression (either via new lesions or new symptoms) that is keeping you from getting a RRMS dx at the moment.

Right now, they probably have you Dxed as CIS or clinically isolated syndrome...meaning you have had one episode of symptoms and one set of lesions visible on an MRI to go with it. Until you either see new symptoms, significant progression of you existing symptoms, or new lesions, you are likely to stay stuck in that limbo area. Therefore, if you think there are changes occurring to your symptoms, it is VERY important to record those changes and track when they happen and how long they last in a diary of some sort. Then provide that information when you see your neurologist. That list of symptoms or changes is what they will need to define the change in clinical condition that would form part of the diagnostic criteria.

It is hard to say good luck...because nobody wants to hope for an MS dx...but I hope you get some resolution and clarity for whatever it is that is causing your symptoms!
TXBatman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (06-22-2016), NurseNancy (06-24-2016), tkrik (06-27-2016)