View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 09:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi pamela. i am so happy that db has been getting help with his addiction. and i am so proud of you for being there for him. he is lucky to have you for support. you are a special person. i grew up with an alcholic father. he tried several times to quit but always went back to drinking because he tried to do it on his own and not go to rehab. he was the best dad ever but was an angry drunk with my mom. no physical abuse just verbal but it wasn't pretty. but he was a good man who just couldn't kick the habit and he ended up passing away at a young age. i don't miss the alcohol but i miss him every day. now i have a half brother who is struggling with a different kind of addiction that seems to be ruining his health and his life too and he won't go to rehab either. i pray that he will someday soon so he doesn't pass away at an early age like my dad did. i hope and pray that db will go into remission and stay in remission for good. it sounds to me like he is doing great and is on the right track. and you are an amazing person for helping him get better. i am sending heartfelt prayers to you both. love and hugs my friend.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-23-2016), ger715 (07-06-2016), PamelaJune (06-23-2016)