View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Meera Dasi ... edited version of my post you can share

Meera Dasi,
I edited part of one sentence ... I changed a tooth number to reflect a correction in my original post to you.
Yes, feel free to share my notes with your dentists.
Bryanna

Hi Meera Dasi,

Did either dentist take a periapical xray? That would give a picture of the tooth in it's entirety as the problem could be at the apex which is not seen on the bitewings. The bitewing xrays only show in between the teeth and how the teeth relate to those they are chewing against.

In the first xray it shows a widening of the periodontal ligament on #4 on the mesial side, closest to #5 space. This can indicate inflammation which may be the result of how this tooth is being used for chewing. Only the distal portion of this tooth is hitting against the lower tooth #30 putting unnatural pressure on tooth #4. This affects the ligament on the mesial side as the tooth is shifting from it's original position in the bone. It also affects the distal side, closest to #3, as it's being over used for chewing. So both sides would tend to be sore on and off.

In the second xray, it is questionable as to if the filling on the mesial side of #4 is open or there is decay at the top of the filling towards the gum line. It is also apparent in this xray that #4 has elevated gum tissue exposing some of the root surface which could cause temperature sensitivity and/or soreness at the gum line.

I do see something that looks like material or something present in the gum tissue in the #5 space closest to #4. It is more evident in the second xray as it appears as a white shadowy spot shaped like a horseshoe. If this is something embedded in the tissue, that could be causing or contributing to your symptoms which sound to be inflammation related.

So what is your plan to replace #5 since you had the carlson bridge removed?

Bryanna

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote