Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 08:44 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I'm going to be sedated with propofol. I couldn't eat anything solid for 8 hours prior to the procedure which is at 11:45am (but I have to be there at 10:15 because of the anesthesia). I thought I could have clear liquids up to 4 hours prior to the procedure. Unfortunately, I didn't read the whole sheet and I was supposed to stop clear liquids 6 hours before the procedure because I'm having the propofol. I'm going to lie and say I followed the directions though… Maybe not the best idea, but I am not rescheduling.

I have to take a cab there. I'm not happy about it, but I can't drive myself home or take a cab ride myself, and my husband will need the car to pick me up. I'm trying to figure out when I want to call for the cab. I don't want to get there too early because I'm going to be waiting around for a while already, but I don't want to be late either. I've already taken my shower and I'll be getting dressed and making that call soon I guess.

The last time I had an endoscopy, my gastro told me what he was able to see while I was recovering. There is a chance he may have to widen my esophagus or work on something else when he's in there. If he takes biopsies I don't know how long it will take before I get the results. I have no idea when I'll be able to eat or drink after. I guess that will depend on whether or not he does anything when he's in there.

Right now my mouth is really dry because I smoke and I can't drink anything. I'm trying not to smoke too much, but I didn't take my klonopin because of the anesthesia and I'm dealing with anxiety so cutting down on the butts in hard.

Well, I'm off to put on some clothes and call for my ride. I will let you know how things went tomorrow.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-24-2016), Dmom3005 (06-24-2016), Mari (06-24-2016)