View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 10:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkizza View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I've lost about 10kg and no change unfortunately. It is mainly arterial related but nerves are involved aswell but I only get light tingling numbness in aggravating positions.

I know it's tough I have looked at dr stoxen a threads on here but couldn't find too much. Surgery is an option for me and I have considered the risk but at the moment I'm looking at 9 months of weekly PT and then at least 18 months of being operational on the road before I could switch positions.

I want to keep the job though and I'm at the point is rather risk it with surgery. I've read if you do Pt with the arteries rubbing you can get in trouble.

If I told my instructors they would probably freak and wouldn't let me do anything as they are very tight on injuries so I'm on the fence.

I'm still trying physiotherapy and I have a new Physio at the moment who is very good but will wait and see. I'm a fit guy still and belive if surgery went well I could recover quickly, but then again I'm in Australia and I was the first person in my area to get tested as positive for ATOS

Thanks again will look over the forums on the weekend

Hey dude. I played linebacker in highschool and wanted to play in college but I developed TOS at 18. What I'm saying is that I actually understand what it's like to be a young guy and not be able to be strong like you want to be. I'm 21 now and wish so bad that a doc would offer me surgery so I could feel better. I dunno, if I were you I would have booked surgery right away. Sometimes it doesn't work and that sucks, but its certainly better than waiting to feel better while your life goes by.
jzp119 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote