View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 11:35 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default A Question About PCS Recurrence

Hello Everyone,

I've been having what I think is a major recurrence of PCS about 1 year after my 2nd concussion

Backstory- Hit by car in 2014 knocked, needed Burr hole crainiotomy and was in Shock Trauma for a week

I completely recovered from this and had no limitations

July 2015- struck in the head by golf ball, a 5 iron, at full flight in the forehead, massive lump on head...unable to get treatment due to no insurance...really bad PCS blurry vision out of the right eye, would have anxiety attacks and feel like I was about to have a siezure

I felt like I had recovered by this winter, went skiing for a week etc, but around Memorial Day, I was at the beach, I feel like I had a massive recurrence of PCS, I've been having crazy thoughts at work and bad anxiety attack, the good news is the only last 5-10 minutes and when the subside I feel completely fine

Does anyone think the longer days from Memorial Day on could cause this relapse? Is it even possible to relapse after being fine for a long period?

I'm wondering if the neck pain and eye strain are combining to really give me serious set backs, when I close my eye and put my head down the anxiety attacks always seem to subside. I work 40 hours a week in front of a computer as well so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I'm really starting to get desperate and nervous. Went to the MD yesterday he gave me muscle relaxers but they don't seem to work.

Thanks in advance for your responses
thecamdensand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote