Thread: Medication?!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm going to give you a link to the thread about tDCS...there is a ton of information there including what it is, how to set it up, what you need to do it, etc. Several members got great relief from it, some none, and me not so much pain relief but fewer flares, shorter flares, and most importantly...MORE SLEEP.

tDCS for RSD Thread

Hopefully that works...I don't link things often. Will try it out after I post to make sure it did.

I don't know if you have tried TENS units, ultrasound heat therapy, or Quell...but I was able to get all of those things off Amazon and they have also helped a little. None required a Rx from a doctor. The TENS and the ultrasound weren't expensive...though I have found the TENS of limited help with the more generalized pain since spread and only use it for flare ups now when I have one particular spot where I feel the bone crushing pain and I can surround it with the electrodes of the TENS unit...but the ultrasound works great over a larger area (I like to use it after a warm bath with Epsom salts) and Quell is supposed to work for any area of the body and seems to work for the generalized pain (but not as well as the TENS works on a specific area).

Anyway...hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions about the tDCS treatment (or anything else). I still do maintenance treatments about once every two months. I tried doing them more often when I wasn't able to sleep after the fall off the ladder...but I think my current sleep issues are due specifically to the pain in my shoulder and until that gets better I think I am just out of luck.

Take care and good luck!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-25-2016)