Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

posted by dumb bell - this is the new post -

hello,

i posted back in Feb...
info : have suffered many, many concussions (and sub-concussions) throughout the years. as a result, i am suffering : dizziness (makes it difficult for me to get about), head-pressure (and a feeling like my head is being pushed down to the ground), headaches, head "zaps", head/body "rushes" (or what i like to call, "risings"... only way i can describe this is how i feel it might feel when one is on the verge of a stroke/seizure), tinnitus, memory loss, confusion, depression, aggression (this scares me the most), emotional lability, very poor fractured sleep, etc. i am certain, absolutely certain, that i have CTE. i have taken hundreds and hundreds of blows to the head. have suffered many accident related head injuries.

a few questions...

1) if i go to my GP for a neuro-psych test, will he get me into a clinic that does one? or do i have to see a neurologist first? also, is there a test that might pick up damage? a sensitive-MRI, perhaps?

2) i want to start taking a good multi-vitamin (to start out with. then i'll progress to the b-complex etc.)...wondering if the activ-XTM for Men (sorry can't post link) one looks like a good one...it includes all the natural forms of b's, biotin, folate, ginseng, fish oil, curcumin, etc.

3) does reading actually help the brain/improve cognition?

4) any recommendations for mild anti-depressant to help me with my depression/anxiety?

5) is CTE actually slow progressing? if so, why do young men in their 20's/early 30's suffer from it? do you think that we will see a day when CTE is diagnosed in the living?

thanks!