Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Mari,

The new AC is light years ahead of the new one! The remote for it is ****ing confusing though! I've gone over the user manual several times and still don't understand how to use it. Some of the features are only helpful if you already know what temperature the AC is set at.
There are a few energy saving features on the new AC, and working fan settings, so we should save quite a bit on our electric bill when I get a hang of things though

My husband's only going to be 39 next month. Unfortunately, I think he has a couple more fiery decades in him before he slows down. He was a little bitchy when he first picked me up yesterday, but his mood improved when we got home. I hope he relaxes since he has the weekend off from work and family obligations.

They consider black coffee a clear liquid. According to my hospital, so is cola. Most medical practices and hospitals give patients handouts with a complete list of acceptable clear liquids now. There are some you have to avoid because the dyes that are added to them mimic blood. And they should have told you no solid food for 8 hours since some people work different shifts and their sleep patters differ. Doctors should be doing everything they can to make things simpler and easier for patients so they get these tests done.

The endoscopy went fine aside from the fact that they were running behind. I know for a fact that my gastro didn't find any structural reason for my swallowing problems and I will have to have the modified barium swallow. I just don't know which doctor will order it. I don't have an answer as to why I have the reflux problems either, but that may be related to the dysphagia. I didn't get a chance to ask because my doctor was running behind and I only got to read the discharge notes. He took several biopsies and is sending them for microscopic analysis. He's checking for microbes and is testing me for Celiac disease again (he tested me for antibodies last time and the results were negative).

I could tell he took biopsies because I had what felt like a sore throat, and when I ate when I got home I had a little pain. I took my usual nap in the afternoon and was otherwise fine. I slept in until almost 9am this morning, which is amazing

I just have to figure out now who is going to order the barium swallow. I guess I'll call my gastro's office some time next week and ask if they will. It makes sense for them to do it since it is their department. They can sent a report to my neurologist.

So no big deal.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-25-2016), Dmom3005 (06-25-2016), Mari (06-25-2016)