View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 02:16 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I hope the convex wafer helps. I did not do well with the convex wafers. They created too much pressure around the stoma and by the 2nd day of wear, I just wanted to rip it off as it would start hurting. I had a flush stoma and ended up building my own convexity with Eakin seals and a moldable wafer. It ended up working great for me. I am glad you have an ostomy nurse working with you to find the best solution that will work for you. Remember, you can always call the various companies for free samples to try. I used ConvaTec and I loved their customer support. They were great. I also used some Coloplast supplies for a while and tried many different types of their products as to me they felt lightweight. But, I reacted to their products like I did Hollister and ended up only using their barrier strips when needed for extra protection (like swimming). You guys will find something that will work for Charlie and changing everything will be like brushing your teeth. It just becomes habit so quickly.

I hope he is healing well and overall doing better. It is quite an adjustment.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-25-2016)