Thread: Adware Blues
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Tongue Adware Blues

I am being attacked by adware and I can't find the source, Avast and Malwarebytes don't find anything. It is interfering with my ability to write political rants on FB! One one site Ghostry blocked 57 attempts and Avast 35, I know there is a lot on there but it seems like I am getting more now.

It seems like it started after a Windows update but am not sure.

I read the sticky here and MrsD mentioned old Java's as a possible source, I have 3 on my computer but I get confused because I have 32 bit and 64 bit ones and I don't know if I should delete any.

I also found a flash update from few days ago which is about the time I started going down hill.

I thought it was Firefox and refreshed it, mistake and did not work.

Should I look up running processes one by one, I can't always tell what is going on there.

I think I am going to call the little IT guys where I got the computer and ask if I can put on Windows 10 on this one and if they can fix it if I screw something up. How hard is it to do, do I need product code or administrator pass word the latter of which I should know but forgot, they know it. Will my malware go with me?

Any advice appreciated in case I decide to dither around for awhile and not do it yet.
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote