Thread: Adware Blues
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 05:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone, I still have some hunting to do. I show 2 Javas on FF on of which is listed as vulnerable on the browser and one which is supposed to be good but might not be, I will be able to tell looking more closely. I have 3 on my computer and Java said one was good and I have a 32 and 64 bit version if it so glad I asked and didn't start uninstalling stuff. I also have another one I think is old and unless someone comes on and says "Nooooooo" I will uninstall it but not use the Java Uninstall Tool which I assume will take it all?

Jo, can I use the virus scans leaving Avast on or do they replace it? OH BOY!!! A process checker list, I have done it before writing each one down and looking it up and it was annoying. I know my Windows OS is corrupted, I have a little note from Microsoft that says 'Build 7601 This copy of Windows is not genuine'. I found how to try to fix it but am chicken and thought it might be easier to have 10. I will look at things on the link.

I think I did download Flash recently and have had some other updates. I refreshed FF and it ate my flash or something and I thought the new one I got was right but maybe not. My email would not work until I downloaded it, I have no clue what that was about. My Centurylink IP has been putting 2 PUPs on my computer, I keep taking them off and they put them back on.

As long as I am here can anyone give me an idea of how many hours of surfing I can get with 300 mbs? I guess it depends on what you do but was wondering approximate. In addition to giving me PUPS CL is also going to start charging for excessive usage, not sure if my town is the only test area. I think I go over because the used to try to sell me more.

Thank you so much, I now have direction.
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-25-2016), mrsD (06-26-2016)