View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 11:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzp119 View Post
Hey dude. I played linebacker in highschool and wanted to play in college but I developed TOS at 18. What I'm saying is that I actually understand what it's like to be a young guy and not be able to be strong like you want to be. I'm 21 now and wish so bad that a doc would offer me surgery so I could feel better. I dunno, if I were you I would have booked surgery right away. Sometimes it doesn't work and that sucks, but its certainly better than waiting to feel better while your life goes by.
Hey man! I know it sucks I don't have it as bad as other people but feel like I've tried almost everything to get rid of it. Bodybuilding and sports bikes used to be my life and now I just have nothing to look forward to or release stress anymore. Everyone just tells me to toughen up but it's hard. No one has ever even heard about it and like I said I was the first person the people that scanned me have ever seen come back positive with ATOS. They were amazed. I'm mentally pretty tough but it's wearing me down slowly. How come you cannot have surgery in Canada? Is it a money issue?

They offered some good surgeons who they said are experienced in the matter. I have read most pages on here and researched every type of surgery in the last 6 months. I just don't want to lose my job it's all I've ever wanted to be a cop. I can cope but I feel like training hard is going to make it worse and if they find out they might kick me out so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place!

And jomar, thanks for your input if I go ahead with surgery I will do my homework and keep you guys updated.

Also, does anyone know how quick recovery would be? That is also a dilemma for me as I've heard some people recover very quick and some people it takes months/years.
bigkizza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote