View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 12:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I want to add that my pain has not gotten better, if anything, it seems to be slowly getting worse, and I really wonder if maybe the tooth is just dying on me due to being compromised from a big filling and also having been stressed for almost a year being an anchor post to my Carlson bridge. I did get recurring gum pain and redness on that tooth 4 and always felt the bridge was pulling it out of it's natural position... anyways, if it is indeed dying, I will get it pulled next week. No root canal.
The pain seems to be mostly present on my upper palate in the area where I suppose the tooth root would be. It does not seem to come from the extraction site but seems localized around number 4.
One thing I am scared about is, what if it is something more serious like Osteomyelitis or -necrosis? I know it is rare, but still worried ... I have no swelling and no redness and the extraction site from number 5 feels fine to me. If the surgeon ends up taking 4 out too, would he be able to see if the bone was infected? They did take a CT scan and he said all extraction sites look fine, except #29 needing more time to heal (which was removed only 4 weeks ago).

Well, to be honest, if the tooth did not have a deep filling and was compromised already, I would be very sad and worried at the prospect of losing it, but I know the next step according to both my dentist and the endodontist I saw last week, would be a root canal, and I do not want that. And both my dentist (who agrees with me, he had all his RC pulled years ago) and my oral surgeon (who think's it's a pity a young, beautiful woman like me would rather have her teeth pulled than root canalled - but, still says he is here to help me either way I chose, and he will respect whatever decision I take for my health) know that I don't do root canals anymore. So, I don't feel I need to "convince" them or explain to them my choice.

:-)
Meera Dasi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote