View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 12:33 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Currently on copaxone, safest drug but terrible to take. I get bright red welts from it that last for 2-3 days that then look like bruises afterwards for another couple of days. It burns like a mother going in, that lasts for at least a couple of hours, and I can't take it in the morning or the unlucky limb is out of commission for the day. But then as much as I don't like it, looking at the side effects of the other meds... I'm not quite ready to switch meds yet, if I even switch meds, I might just forgo further DMDs.

Anyways, I can't do the injections in my hips and the Doctor just said to skip those and move on to the next site. So if you can handle the injections everywhere else your doctor just might say to skip the legs and inject everywhere else. I honestly can't think of any alternative sites, though I was told there were, they never said what the sites were.
agate (07-26-2016), bddouglas (06-26-2016)