Thread: Adware Blues
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 04:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

AHA! That is it Kiwi, I wondered after I posted if something like that was going on as I had never heard of an IP doing that. I will get rid of that puppy if it comes back. Thanks! I should have looked it up.

I will look at Jo's link too, I always just type in 'Google' and do it that way.

I am making progress! I have a vague memory of falling into the trap of 'You must update Flash to view this' even though I know better. I thought it was a safe site but had improvement after I uninstalled it. Also found at some point I had enabled Java 7 Update 80 FF add on and that was really messing things up, lots of improvement when I deactivated it so I guess they mean it when they say don't leave old versions on your computer. I tried to uninstall it and got stupid and canceled because after I had a box saying 'preparing to uninstall' I got one from Java saying 'Do you want the following program to make changes on the hard drive' , I guess that was going to uninstall it but I didn't know? It is not loading well for me when I try again but will try to figure it out.

Thanks ladies, onward!
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-26-2016)