View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Next week I'll be seeing a hematologist, who specializes in Amyloidosis, one of the world's best. He may want to have a bone marrow biopsy done given my various problems, including low white blood cell count. In fact, it's the next logical step. It's also one of the tests used to diagnose Amyloidosis.

So I'm wondering if anyone has had the test done and what it was like.

Did it hurt? If so, how painful wast it? I'm more concerned with long lasting pain or damage. I can deal with pain. We all can/have to, but I need to know it won't cause serious problems, damage and the like. So I'm curious to hear about anyone's experience. I'm not looking forward to the pain, I'll admit, but if it won't be too bad, and not a serious risk for damage and helpful for diagnosis, I'll do it. I think at this point it's necessary. I'll also see about being as drugged up as possible. I don't take any medication and deal with what I have to daily, but with such procedures I don't mind being knocked out.

Thank you in advance.
I had this done when they were looking for multi myeloma. Unfortunately they were not able to sedate because they need you to feel what they are doing. Just make sure the doctor is strong enough to penetrate the bone the first time. I had a female who failed 3 attempts making for extra pain. That said. Once it is done you will walk out of there fine. YOU CAN DO IT BUDDY! Let us know how it went.
Stillfighting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote