View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi tommylee,

How very cool about your lengthy career in music and having your own CD! Thanks for sharing that piece about yourself

Okay ... so you had a hair lip and cleft palate. No doubt you are very familiar with having oral surgery. Do you have your own lower teeth or were they removed also?

Have you been able to wear your upper denture since the recent extraction? Sometimes the denture acts as a band-ade over the extraction site. This can be both good and bad. Depends on the individual circumstances. Do you remove your upper denture when you sleep?

Fours days is early for the sutures to come out. It's best if they stay in for about 7-10 days. But it's not unusual for them to fall out sooner. They do not necessarily have to be replaced if the site is healing okay.

Being able to see the gelfoam does not mean you will end up with a dry socket. It may actually be a different type of collagen plug that the dentist soaked in an antibiotic. The purpose of using the collagen is to help hold the clot in the socket underneath the plug. So seeing that plug is not a bad thing.

If you develop an increase rather than decrease in pain, swelling, or other onset of symptoms that you have not had so far, then see your dentist. Continue with the gentle salt water rinsing until you feel things are progressing nicely and you can increase the vigor of the rinsing. Also, if you are wearing your denture, please be sure that it is clean before you put it in.

I hope things improve with each day. If not, then don't hesitate to see your dentist.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylee333 View Post
Thanks Bryanna for your reply.

i was born hair lip and clef pallett and had all my teeth removed about 20 years ago but the one eye tooth which was so deep up into my gums that it was into my nasal cavity because it never came out but just a very small bit because of the way my other teeth did. so no dentist would mess with it, in fear of messing something up because my teeth came in at all kinds of angles. i also had double rows of back teeth due to the clef pallett. and one tooth came out in the middle of the roof of my mouth. but over the years the eye tooth slowly wore away because my dentures rubbed against it, and so the tooth has slowly drifted down but started to decay. and it's root was not as long as it used to be so i found a dentist that would cut it out. and she put some gelfoam with some kind of chemical on it, into the whole where the tooth was cut out.not a bone graft, just gelfoam with some medicine on it.

it has been 4 days now and the stitch she put in it has came out today but she said that it would dissolve itself. is that normal for it to come out in 4 days?

so far the hole looks good but i was just wondering since i can see the gelfoam if that means i will get a dry socket?

i don't drink or smoke never have even had a cigarette in my mouth, maybe drank a 6 pack and maybe a quart of liquor in my whole life i never had any use for them, and that is kinda strange because i am a musician and everyone around me always drinks and smokes,but i can't stand it, been playing for 50 years i have played with several famous bands and also have my own cd called unsung hero tittle was for my grand mother who raised me.

today i ate some potato salid , and some chicken but i mashed it up and only ate it on the other side. do you think that is ok? i just don't want to get a dry socket.

i have been taking ibuprofen 800 mg for the pain.and i have been rinsing with warm salty water, i just kinda let the water move gently in my mouth and let it dribble out,i haven't did any hard rinsing yet, just gentle, when should i start rinsing regular with full pressure?

i see where you have taken your time and answered a lots of peoples questions on this site, that is so kind of you and i know God will bless you for it.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote