Thread: Hi, I'm back!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 09:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaJane View Post
Hi All,

Some of you may be old-timers who know me, but I've not been on the forum in ages, so I may be a new face to most of you.

I had idiopathic sensory and autonomic neuropathy for years before I was diagnosed with Lyme, and did great with treatment. I made up the lizajane.org charts that people use to help navigate through diagnosis for neuropathy and Lyme.

Lately, I've had issues: fatigue, a finicky leg, odd stuff. But odd stuff has been my history, and nothing lasts and I generally end up doing ok.

Because of my recent odd stuff--when I get tired, my foot gets floppy--my neuro ordered some new tests, and the GAD65 came back very abnormal.

Can this not be awful news? Anybody here understand this auto-antibody enough to tell me something reassuring?

I do get IVIG, and I'm hoping that somebody whose antibodies were in the IVIG had this, and not me.

LizaJane

Hi Liza,
So nice to hear from you!! I am sorry I do not know anything about Gad65, but I just wanted to chime in and say hello again.

PS. When I had lumbar surgery(discectomy) in 2010, the sciatic nerve was beaten up a bit the surgeon told me. When I get very tired my leg goes a tiny bit wobbly.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote