View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400368sschmeeck View Post
Cerebellarmaniac,

I was in a car accident 20 months ago. I have been dealing with PCS since. My main struggles have been disequilibrium and headaches brought on by sensory overload. After appointments with physicians, vestibular, ocular and physical therapists, my neurologist suggested I see neuro-otologist to test for a rare disorder called superior semicircular canal dehiscence (which can occur with head trauma). I went with little hope anything would be found. I tested positive for it as seen by an abnormal VEMP test and CT scan. I had my round window reinforced 4 weeks ago. I can't see anything positive from it yet, but I am still hopeful. I hope you can move ahead quickly, if indeed that is your issue.

Midwest

Thanks for the response. I don't always check this board so sorry for the late reply.

I saw a neuro-tologist about 2-3 weeks ago and he basically said i had SCDS right off the bat. He said he needs to review imaging (MRI). I pressed him on the CT (as I believe a CT is a better scan for SCDS). However, he didn't seem to want to order a CT. Anyways he's an older guy maybe it's time to find a new doc. Interestingly, I had all the VEMP testing done 3 years ago and they never brought up SCDS. Only the vague "visual-vestibular mismatch"

I thought PLF was likely and thought SCDS was another likely diagnosis based on my own research. I still haven't received a call back (usually that means it's nothing)... I'll report back in a few weeks.

Also, their is a great SCDS support forum ,if you aren't aware. SCDS Support • Index page However, it requires an account to view it.

EDIT: IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE ALREADY ON THAT FORUM!!!

Good luck

Last edited by cerebellarmaniac; 06-27-2016 at 01:36 AM.
cerebellarmaniac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote