View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 06:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry. Just because work comp denies...doesn't mean that's the end of it. Your case can have a hearing regarding the denial of benefits and they will review your treating doctor's notes as well as the IME. They know IMEs are weighted in favor of work comp and take that into consideration. Doesn't help in the mean time of course. When it happened to me I went through my regular insurance and that got me by for a while until the hearings sorted it out.

Hugs...hopefully you are in good hands with your attorney and they will sort things out as quickly as possible. If you can get a copy of the IME from your attorney then go over every detail, correct any errors, etc. It's hard not to be emotional...on our side we are dealing with immense pain and frustrations, lack of sleep, etc and this sort of news is devastating...but try to stay calm and focus on the things you have control over...not what is out of your control. Helped me through some very bad times with work comp to just focus on what the next steps were for ME and then to keep my focus on that and not on what work comp was doing. Let the lawyer fight with them...you focus on YOU and what steps you can take now.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (06-28-2016)