View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Nex1,

It sounds like you have quite an anxiety issue or maybe even an anxious personality. These can make very minor PCS symptoms much worse.

A lumbar puncture is an extreme and unnecessary procedure. It has some risks, too. In my opinion, the risks are far worse that any remote possibility of finding a problem.

What would you expect a lumbar puncture to show if it had a positive result ?

How would a lumbar puncture put your mind at ease ?

It sounds like you have not made much of an adjustment after your prior concussion experiences and PCS. Snowboarding without a helmet is very risky, even if you did not have a concussion history. Volley ball is a contact sport, spikes to the head, head to the floor, head to a knee, head to head and more. If you get dizzy playing a sport, you need to stop. Playing with any symptoms goes against everything the experts say.

Your difficulty remembering and concentrating can be PCS OR anxiety or both. Until it is professionally assessed, you should try to not consider these as real. It is very difficult to self-diagnose these because the anxiety of paying attention to these can cause them.

You did not say how you got your concussions except for the snowboarding. btw, Short term loss of conscious has little bearing on severity of concussion.

It would be good to know your age and gender. I won't assume either.
Are you taking any meds ?

Did you look at the Vitamins sticky at the top ?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote