View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 09:07 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hey Mark,

First off I am 26 Male (concussion happened Feb of 2012). Previous concussion was Feb of 2010 (snowboarding hit my chin I was wearing a helmet took 2 weeks to feel normal). Had 1 playing lacrosse (2 days felt normal), 1 playing football(2 days felt normal). Not on any medications, and yes I have looked at the vitamin sticky this is not my first time here or talking with you! I forgot my previous username however.

Yes I feel I do have an anxious personality. I have always been an anxious person, but it got a lot worse after my concussion.

I actually have made a large adjustment after my 2nd major concussion. I always wear helmets now (it was a mistake before and I have wanted to kill myself over it). I no longer play Lacrosse or Football or any contact sports or anything that can risk getting my head hit.

As for the volleyball league I play in it is kind of like a beer league so it is competitive but no overly so. We play on sand, there is 6 of us so it is quite crowded very few to non existent collisions with own team mates. Spikes from other team are not very hard and I can easily get my hands in front of my face to protect it. Incidence rate of concussions in college level volleyball is 0.09 per 1000 athletic exposures (almost the same as baseball). I have to have this tiny bit of risk in my life or I may as well just be bubble wrapped and stay in my room!

As for my memory yes you are probably right, who would you suggest to see to get properly diagnosed? I have seen 2 neuro psychologists... I feel it was not that beneficial for me mostly talked to me about cognitive behavioral therapy. But yes I believe my depression, anxiety, and stress make a big impact on my memory.

As for the lumber puncture I think it may show I have an elevated CSF pressure in my brain, it would put my mind at ease because I could point to something and say see this is why I am feeling like this. And if they find a high CSF pressure are they not just able to drain some fluid and this would help me feel better?
Nex1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote