View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 09:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for sharing your experience and for the encouragement, Stillfighting. Much appreciated. I'll be seeing the hematologist in a few weeks again and think I'll push for a bone marrow biopsy, since I'm currently at a dead end and my WBC are low/below normal. If he does it, he's a strong guy, so hopefully it'll go fine. Regarding sedation, apparently it does happen, as an earlier poster has experienced and as I've read, but perhaps it's better to be awake in case they do need some guidance from you and in case they start poking around where they shouldn't.

Incidentally, I wasn't sure if they use a drill to get to the marrow. So they just push through with a needle, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfighting View Post
I had this done when they were looking for multi myeloma. Unfortunately they were not able to sedate because they need you to feel what they are doing. Just make sure the doctor is strong enough to penetrate the bone the first time. I had a female who failed 3 attempts making for extra pain. That said. Once it is done you will walk out of there fine. YOU CAN DO IT BUDDY! Let us know how it went.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote