Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 06:17 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Bizi,

The nice, soft, comfy, all-cotton scrubs have their draw backs, too. In the heat and humidity they are breathable but can stick to you when you sweat too much, but I still wore them daily. It is really hard to find the right blend keeping comfort, durability, and a clean look in mind.
I found out the name of the Keurig cappuccino machine is "Rivo." It is actually reasonably priced, and well rated. Check out Amazon or Ebay, or do what I did and wait for a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond (just sign up for their email list) to buy the machine of your choice in one of their stores or online.

I have the AC figured out except the sleep and timer features, which I doubt we will be using anyway. Maybe sometime when I am bored I will play with those buttons, too. I love the energy saver features. The AC will turn off when the room hits the right temp, or you can set it to turn to fan only when that happens.

Last time I went to the butcher shop I bought teriyaki steak tips and the marinade was so bad we couldn't finish them. I was surprised because it's an excellent butcher shop and their maple bourbon and sweet barbecue marinades are very good. I decided to roll the dice again on a house marinated sirloin, threw it under the broiler last night, and it was excellent. I guess if I want teriyaki tips I'll just have to marinate them myself. I mainly buy plain meat and season it myself though.

I got my copy of the South Beach Diet Book. I read the first 2 chapters and skimmed. It's interesting, but there really is not a lot of guidance at all about what you can actually eat. I ended up going online and downloading the official can/can't eat list off their website. It makes the diet very easy to follow. Phase 1 is definitely restrictive, but doable. I'm a veggie lover so that will make things easier. But I hate artificial sweeteners and will have to learn to live with that. I will be starting the day after my birthday, July 12th.

I AM going to the club today. I just have to get motivated to get ready… I will probably get in the shower once I have another cup of coffee in me. There is no set time to go. I just want to get there early enough so I can help do some prep in the kitchen. I haven't decided if I will stay for lunch or not. I will play it by ear.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-28-2016), Dmom3005 (06-28-2016), Mari (06-28-2016), mymorgy (07-05-2016)