Thread: Keppra and PN
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 09:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Keppra and PN

Hi there,
I have taken different medicines for epilepsy for over 40 years. I have complex partial seizures which would look like I was staring or day dreaming for 20-30 seconds. I didn't drive for 20 years. Finally after doing some research online in a chatroom like this, I suggested to my nuero that I try Keppra. That was the magic bullet! I take that with Topamax and have have not had a seizure since 2010. But, here is my question. I began to notice a slight limp about 2011. It got worse and my balance started to get shakey. Now I have no movement in my toes at all, so my walk is flat footed and the balance is shot. But I don't have the burning that some folks have of PN.
I have taken Topamax for years. 200mg, 2 times a day. Keppra 1000mg, 2 times a day. I would hate to stop taking Keppra because it seems like it is the only one that works for me. I am driving again and have soo much freedom. I am 58 years old and am in good health otherwise. I just got over colon cancer last year with no complications.
If I would stop taking Keppra and find another drug, would my nerves in my feet regenerate?
Thanks soo much,
Gene
Geneo76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote