Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 06:18 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Bizi,
What do you think about Truvia? I have a box of it in my cupboard. I tried it and didn't much enjoy it, but held on to it for a rainy day. Maybe I'll use it for the diet? Stevia is my second choice, but I know it is more expensive and harder to find. I have time to get it online though. I do not approve of the other sugar substitutes either.
Normally I would stick with regular sugar because I don't think that the small amount I use in my coffee makes a difference, but the purpose of the diet is to reduce cravings for refined sugars and get used to living without "bad carbs" like that. You can add some things like that back in moderation in phase 2 & 3 of the diet, and I will be adding the sugar back to my coffee.

I never, ever ironed my cotton scrubs. If they came out wrinkly at all, I would throw them back in the dryer with a wet face cloth and an extra dryer sheet for a few minutes. Just smooth them out when they come out of the dryer and hang them up or fold them immediately and you'll be fine.

I did go to the club and was able to work in the kitchen. I prepped and filleted at least 30 chicken breasts. Everyone always comments on how well I do, I like doing stuff like that, and I like contributing, so it is rewarding work.

Next month is recreation month. Betty knows I make candles, and had asked if I would be interested in showing some of the other members how to make them. Initially I thought it was a bad idea because I don't have enough equipment, and it would be expensive. But I've been thinking about it, and it would be pretty cheap and easy to show them how to do tea lights. She still has some expectations that are unreasonable, and I don't want to have to pay for the supplies my self, so we'll see. I will have to speak to a guy named Nick who I have never met about it.

I did end up eating lunch and spent a long time talking to a woman named Melissa (well, she did most of the talking). She wants to be friends. She is very nice, but has a lot of problems, and I can't see our friendship branching outside of the club though. I will have to be very careful not to hurt her feelings.

My leasing office is trying to renew leases online now using electronic signatures. First we had to choose our lease extension, then we were sent a link to our resident portal account to "view" the lease. After I quickly viewed it and signed out, I couldn't view it again. I called the leasing office to let them know, and they sent another link that didn't work. They sent it again, and I electronically signed it, but my husband couldn't. They finally left a paper copy for us to sign yesterday. What a hassle. I'm going to need copies for my records… I wonder how long I'll have to wait for that.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-29-2016), Dmom3005 (06-29-2016), Mari (06-30-2016), mymorgy (07-05-2016)