View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default PEONY, just wondering if some of your problems are due to trying new equipment?

at least for the U.S. how long does the clinical trial last and can you go to a different programmer? i can imagine how frustrating it can be since it seems very trial and error getting the right adjustment and from what i know about the BOSTON is there are more adjustments that can be made than with medtronicsf? sorry if i am making the wrong assumptions. in the discussions i've had with members of the DBS team where i'm having the DBS, they did mention sometimes when they change the settings to reduce one problem, like freezing, it can also have a detrimental affect on speech so they can give you 2 settings, one for when you want to be more physical and another when you want to be more social, i have no idea how well this works and if there is any downside to rapidly changing voltage/currents in your brain. my speech is declining, best in the morning, worse as the day goes on and it is hurting me socially, at times i just don't say anything.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote