View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 08:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sandman,

I returned to work after a 10 month recovery from my injury. I was an absolute train wreck.

I had to learn all about what triggered symptoms and the greatly increased levels of stress/anxiety, when to take breaks, prioritizing etc.

Once I recognized the early physical/ mental clues of approaching over stimulation I was able to rest for much shorter periods as compared to resting due to ful blown symptoms.

I also had to learn to recognize anxiety being present as strictly being a line of thought I allowed or due to mind racing from overstimulation.

It did take me a while to recognize what was going on with me and then how to remedy the results. Once I did I became more productive and less mistake prone.

Learning how and when to rest were quite essential and still are. It was dang tough for someone who is accustomed to pushing hard in life and a busy job that is full of changes every day.

I believe I had divine help in discovering what was triggering me and how to help myself. As well this site really was an invaluable help.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote