View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 10:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

proudest_mama,

You ask: "Am I not being realistic to hope that I'll have another good 11 years?" I think you are - provided that something else doesn't get you first.

It is likely that an up to now slow progression is a good indicator of a slow rate of progression in the future.

I was diagnosed at 49 and I'm now 11 years post diagnosis. My drug regimen for the last 7 years has roughly been:
- rasagiline, 1mg;
- ropinirole, 16mg;
- Stalevo, 4 x 75mg.
I say "roughly" because, although I take the rasagiline and ropinirole consistently (in the morning), I take my Stalevo on an "as needed" basis: if I'm on a good "on" or don't need to perform, I delay taking the next dose; if a dose has been lost, perhaps because of food interactions, I take the next dose early. (Note: many doctors will argue that a strict timetable should be adhered to. I think, at least in my case, they are wrong.) Apart from a few outliers, this has led to me taking either 3, 4 or 5 75mg Stalevo tablets per day. At the start of this 7 year period it was 3 sometimes 4 per day, now it is 4 sometimes 3 or 5 day.

During this time my motor symptoms have remained fairly constant. However, my non-motor symptoms (e.g. constipation, posture, drooling etc.) have got worse.

John
johnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote