View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 11:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Concussion symptoms coming back strong..trying to backtrack why?

So I got hit by a trunk of a SUV when getting something out of a car in January. This was my 5th or so concussion because I played football and rugby in High School (I'm 18, just finished my first year of college). It's been a horrible, HORRIBLE journey since then. I basically can hardly function. However, I was slowly starting to get better to a small degree as of lately. I was able to remember things and go on my computer and function. I still however wasn't able to really do anything physical because I have extreme vertigo/dizziness. My mental fog was still very much there, but it was getting better. And the past couple days, I've been getting MUCH MUCH worse. I feel like I have a straight fresh concussion again. My only guess on how it could have happened was from driving over potholes or maybe jumping. My neck is in a huge amount of pain through out the day and I can just tell something is wrong with it because I need to crack it all the time and the cracks have as of lately became very painful. It's as if my head is very heavy. I feel slow, and grumpy, and not able to do anything. But as of the past couple days I'm back to feeling like a scrambled egg of a brain. Forgetting things, not being able to comprehend simple sentences, extreme dizziness since before. It's alot to handle. Is there any reason for this setback? It literally feels like I got a totally new concussion on top of this pre-existing horrible PCS I deal with. I'm back to feeling like I'm seeing my neurologist next week and plan on getting a neck and brain MRI to see if that can be the cause, however this is honestly nuts. I went from being an energetic teen last year (even with 4 concussions that I healed fine from within a month each time), to now not being able to really do anything. This set back is nuts.
kerningz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote