View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 01:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Mat,
You had mentioned having a Colonoscopy done in ten days (your post was dated June 16th). I am hoping all went well. When you get a chance would appreciate an update.

Gerry
Hi Gerry,

Colonoscopy went fine (apart from being incredibly painful?!) and I got the all clear. I do have two rather swollen, bleeding haemorrhoids.

I learnt from oral medicine doctor this morning that I have gone from being autoantibody negative to having a clear positive ANA of 1/320. Also my IgG avid IgA are both high and I am to have a lip biopsy and ultrasound of carotid and salivary glands ASAP to rule out or in Sjogrens Syndrome. Although I don't have the dry mouth and only mildly dry eyes she seemed to know that it is still possible to have Sjogrens. She feels my numb, tingling mouth is part of a progressive small fibre neuropathy and says the neurologist was wrong to dismiss it as mild and say it was caused by previously active RA. She says the positive results suggest Lupus, Vasculitis, Sjogrens or Mixed Connective Tissue disease are all more likely with these blood results. My CRP has crept up to 19 and my PV is 1.98 which is also high. So I feel at last I may be getting somewhere and terribly relieved not to have colon cancer or IBD. Not sure what has caused the chronic constipation but maybe it's caused by autonomic neuropathy after all?

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases

Last edited by MAT52; 06-30-2016 at 03:36 PM.
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-30-2016), ger715 (06-30-2016)