View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 03:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

I'm sorry you guys are having eye issues. It's bad enough that we have double vision!

Diet has been shown to be important with macular degeneration as well.

Macular Degeneration Treatment: How is AMD Treated? - American Academy of Ophthalmology

Nutrients are vital to health. Many people often underestimate their importance.

Exercise seems to be an important factor, probably due to how it improves circulation. That's always a tricky thing to do with MG.

Whirlwind, I hope that you can keep it from progressing. Do you take methylcobalamin B12 daily? There are many studies about how important B12 is to overall health and to preventing cataracts.

Use of vitamin supplements and cataract: the Blue Mountains Eye Study. - PubMed - NCBI

This one is interesting. Don't put anything into the eyes without speaking to an ophthalmologist first!

Evaluation of oxidative stress levels in the conjunctival epithelium of patients with or without dry eye, and dry eye patients treated with preserv... - PubMed - NCBI

Do you have dry eye/Sjogren's?

I hope you'll at least consider some alternative medicine in addition to what is being done!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote