View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 06:50 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
It's funny how it takes me so much longer to do things. A few years ago, I could knock out cleaning this whole house in 1 day. Now, I have to break it down in to rooms and some days, just areas of a room. I remember being able to deep clean my house in a matter of a couple of hours, baseboards and windows included. Of course, that was in an 1,100 sq. ft. apartment but still it didn't take long at all. I could never do that now; although, I have made that a goal of mine. I would like to have that strength and endurance back.
Tricia, I have tried breaking tasks down to several 10 minute jobs. I can usually do just about any activity for 10 minutes so I'll set the timer and do as much as I can in the kitchen.....or my bedroom or wherever I'm cleaning. I know that the timer will go off soon and I can take a short break. I think just knowing that helps me to push myself a little more. Sort of like when there's something in the microwave and I try to finish whatever I'm doing before the timer goes off!! I know it's silly but I've done that as long as I can remember.

I know what you mean, though, about things taking longer to do. I can't stand as long as I used to be able to. My legs, especially my left one, have gotten weaker.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-01-2016), PamelaJune (07-01-2016), tkrik (07-01-2016)