View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 09:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tashanicole,

You had 10 teeth pulled and he didn't suture any of the extraction sites? sometimes when there is severe infection, the sites are not sutured so the infection can drain easier. That has both pros and cons. Did you see an oral surgeon or was he just a general dentist?

Itching is the result of histamines being released in response to the surgery. However, it can also be from the draining infection. Are you on antibiotics?

The pain behind your ear can be muscular related and inflammation as your jaw was manipulated during the removal of the teeth. If that becomes more intense or spreads to other areas, see the dentist for evaluation.

What type of food are you eating? You should be eating a soft food nutritious diet, nothing that requires a lot of chewing as your jaw needs a rest. Also avoid seeds, rice, spicy foods, hot temperature foods, sugar, breads, crackers... anything that can easily get lodged or stuck in the sockets.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashanicole1987 View Post
Also would like to add that he didn't put anything inside the sockets that I know of. He didn't mention it anyway. I've read that it's part of the healing process but I don't understand why only one side is itching. Also just about an hour ago keep getting pains behind my ear every so often.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote