View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 08:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
It's odd to say I'm 'happy' about positive results...but in your case, it means answers!!

First, I must ask what was the actual result for ANA (the number) and pattern?

The number tells how high it was, but more important is the pattern. There are four different patterns that are typically associated with certain AI diseases:

Homogenous---Lupus and mixed connective tissue disease

Speckled---Lupus, Sjogren's, Scleroderma, RA, and mixed connective tissue disease

Nucleolar---scleroderma and polymyositis

Centromere---scleroderma and CREST

At least now, testing will move forward...and therefore, more answers. Your pushing and yet patience have paid off.
Hello Enbloc. I can't access my results so don't know the breakdown yet. But I'm guessing, from the fact that I've been referred for a lip biopsy and MRI of carotid and salivary ducts ASAP - that it's either the Homogeneous or Speckled category. The numbers she told me were 1-320 and she said that this is non specific but with raised IgG and IgA and the high inflammatory markers and SFN - it would be highly advisable that I have the lip biopsy to rule in or out Sjogrens decisively. She said that it is possible to have Sjogrens without much mouth dryness and only mild Sicca. But without a positive lip biopsy result I'd be unable to try anymore immunesuppresant medications (and there are still a few left apparently) unless my RA symptoms return once more. Hope this explains.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (07-01-2016), en bloc (07-01-2016), ger715 (07-01-2016)