Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 08:04 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

We had a very nice visit
Lots of good conversation, and it was as if nothing had ever happened. He is very easy going.
My father-in-law was impressed with my new coffee machine and was excited and impressed by the iced coffee I made for him (it does taste better than what you get at the drive through). He loves tech, and usually ends up getting whatever my husband has, so I bet he'll be buying one of his own when he returns to Florida. He buys a lot of iced coffees and would end up saving a lot of money, and he likes saving money
He stayed away from taboo issues, at least in front of me.

My husband's vacation starts when he gets home from work today. He'll be off until the 11th. He needs a vacation and I'm looking forward to spending more time with him. We usually go away because the 9th is his birthday, the 10th is our anniversary, and my birthday is the 11th. Last year I was in no shape to go anywhere, and this year we can't afford to go away. We don't usually vacation the week of the 4th, and his mother expects him to go over for the holiday, and show up at some point to celebrate his birthday, too. They've also been expecting him to do a lot of yard work and handyman tasks lately as well. I asked him last night if he'd be spending a lot of time over there in the upcoming week…
He told me he had already decided that if he was going over there, he was bringing me because, "this has gone on long enough, and we have to break the ice at some point." I think my father-in-law had a talk with him. My husband walked him in and out of the apartment and they were gone for a while both times.

Apparently my husband's mother wants to see me, but my he doesn't know how his sister or step father feel because he simply hasn't talked to either of them about it in a long time. His plan is just to show up with me. I told him I wasn't comfortable with that. He has had a long time to work this out…. he can take 5 minutes to make a phone call to ask if it's okay for me to come. A surprise visit isn't fair to anyone, including me.

I'm not even going to go over the list of **** I had to get done to get the apartment visitor-ready (to my satisfaction) yesterday, but I had at least 7 cups of coffee to help push through it and bypass my nap. I was exhausted, but I has trouble sleeping last night (rare) because I was worrying about dealing with my husband's family again, and worrying that it will probably be under less than desirable circumstances because my husband probably won't handle things well beforehand. My anxiety is going up again. It was sky high this morning. But I'm going to have to deal with this **** eventually. Maybe I'll feel better afterwards?

I didn't get nearly enough sleep to make up for all of yesterday's activity. When I push it too much my MS acts up, and it's not just the fatigue. I should do some food shopping this morning, since later today and tomorrow the supermarket will be a horror show because of the upcoming holiday. I just need to motivate myself. I will reward myself with an early nap if I get the grocery shopping over with by noon (that's being pretty generous). I'm sure I will need at least 1/2mg of klonopin to quiet my mind before I lay down, but I need the rest, and I'm sure it will be a long nap.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-01-2016), Dmom3005 (07-01-2016), Mari (07-01-2016), mymorgy (07-05-2016)