View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone!

Ger - Thanks for the tip. I will ask the nurse practitioner when I see her today. Since I normally have low blood pressure (average is about 105/60) it's going to be tricky with diuretics. Of course, recently my bp has jumped up a bit but still isn't even 120/80. Water weight is so weird. I feel slushy, like I should make a slushing/swooshing noise when I walk. Do you get that way?

Kelly - That's a great idea!!! I never thought to break the tasks down in increments like that. What a great way to conserve energy. I normally try to complete the task in one go and end up fatiguing myself. I'm going to have to try the 10 minute segments. I do that with exercising only I use step counts. I try to get at least a miles worth of steps in a day. I walk around my apartment. I break it down in to 200 to 500 steps per time. So, the 10 minute cleaning segments will work great as I love doing something similar with my steps.

Barb - How is your sister doing? I have been keeping you all in my prayers.

Doydie - Things have been stressful for you lately. I hope everything settles down soon and you and Charlie get back to a more normal routine.

DD24 moves this weekend! I am so excited and happy for her. She's nervous and excited. The place she is moving in to is a cute little casita type home. There are several in the community. It will be so good for her and she'll have lots more room for her and my grandson. I'm sure I will be spending sometime over there this weekend. I have to be there tomorrow as her couch is being delivered. That's my job - to sit and wait for her couch. Everyone else will be moving the big stuff.

I have been so nostalgic over the past few days. Middle age is such a weird stage in life. I keep thinking about the times when my girls were younger and living at home. I miss those times. I miss the activity and hustle and bustle of juggling school, activities, work, etc. I miss listening to music and dancing and singing with them. I miss our Friday night movie camp out nights where we would get all the blankets and pillows, make popcorn, and camp out in the living room and watch movies. I miss going places with them; taking them to museums, parties, and shopping. I am fortunate that I see DDs often, maybe once a week or so. I see DD24 more often because I am the back up sitter in case DGS's dad or other grandma can't watch him and she helps me a lot by taking me shopping and getting me out of the house. But, I still miss the days when they were younger. I hope they remember those times as fondly as I do.

I have no big plans for the day today. As mentioned, I see the nurse practitioner today. It's just to go over blood test results. Other than that, I have no plans.

I hope you all have a great day!
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (07-14-2016), ger715 (07-01-2016), Kitty (07-11-2016)