View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Aw Doydie! I'm sorry about all the leaks. I know after my surgery, the leaks happened everyday!!! It was so frustrating and was tearing my skin up. Between the allergic reactions to the adhesives and the leaks, my skin looked horrible. Eventually, we found a wafer that did not cause allergic reactions and after a few months, found a routine that helped the leaks. If I remember right, they said it could take up to 6 months before things settle down. I hope it's not that long for you and Charlie. I think it took me about 3 months to finally settle in to a routine and the right products for me. I also eventually used the barrier wipes which were a skin saver. I highly recommend those.

Again, the moldable wafers may work great for Charlie as he doesn't have to cut anything. He just has to mold the wafer to the size and shape of his stoma. I don't know if he gets tremors or not, but with shaky hands I found the moldable to be much easier to work with.

Also, the bags you got to dispose everything in are great. I think Hollister is the only one that has those. I used disposable diaper bag things. They are really inexpensive. I think they're made by Arm & Hammer. I know some people use the bags that are made for dog poop and say they work great and are inexpensive as well.

Hang in there! It's such a huge adjustment for both you and Charlie.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-06-2016), PamelaJune (07-06-2016)