View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 04:31 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Wink The Skeezyks has entered the House...

The Skeezyks is a regular contributor on the PsychCentral website. I've been aware of NeuroTalk for some time now, but only just now decided to dive in here as well. I spend a lot of time on PC! I'm not sure how much time I'll spend here on NeuroTalk. Time will tell... In terms of other hobbies, I'm a home bread baker & I read classical Chinese, Japanese, & Zen poetry (in English translation.) When I'm on PC, I'm often listening to chant videos on YouTube.

I'm an older person. In general, I'd say I'm reasonably healthy. I do have a problem with something I can only describe as restless leg syndrome... except that I experience it pretty-much throughout my whole body. To some extent, I'm not sure if it is more of a neurological condition or more related to anxiety, which is also a problem for me. It tends to be the worst in the evening & at night. I have not sought any treatment for it & I'm not on any medications. I do see a psychiatrist periodically. He offered to put me on Neurontin. However I declined.

When I can't sleep, I often have to get up in order to relieve the "jumpiness" I feel throughout my body. When I do, I'll typically do walking meditation... walking slowly around-&-around our dark & quiet townhome unit from back to front for anywhere from half an hour to a couple of hours or so.

I also have Meniere's Disease & Tinnitus & some occasional heart arrhythmia. Oh... & I have an impinged disc in my low back & sciatica. Gee... come to think of it... I'm kind-of a mess!

Anyway... thank you so much for reading my post!
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-01-2016), St George 2013 (07-02-2016)