View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 12:34 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

tkrik, I miss those days also. We had slumber parties in our family room to. When my oldest daughter went to college she wanted to do one last one before she left the house. Our treats were Ritz crackers and the cheese that comes in a can, can't remember the brand. We always likes the American cheese. The other thing besides chips, dip, etc was graham crackers and vanilla frosting. Poor Charlie had to stay upstairs and could not come down at all. No men allowed, except our male dog. Those were the days. Now we enjoy telling the grand kids what we used to do for fun as younger versions of ourselves. They just can't believe we did that. Of course we try that now and can't make it past 3 AM. My oldest asked me to be her matron of honor at her wedding since I was her best friend. I respectfully refused. Told her she couldn't have a weeping matron of honor.

My relationships with my two girls were two completely different things after oldest went off to school. I then some how became evil Mom. I stayed that way through her one year of college and then a couple of years living at home. It improved as I showed her that no matter how you treat me, how you rebel, I still love you. She turned herself around and now we are best friends and I almost have to beg older sister to call me. Younger one is the one who lives here in town and i don't know what we would do without her. I keep on telling her that if the situation ever arises that she has the opportunity to marry or get a better job and move away that she should never say she has to stay here because of us. Our lives would change. For one thing we would have to pay for all she does for us!!!!

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-11-2016), Kitty (07-11-2016), tkrik (07-05-2016)