View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 12:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Hey Mat,
Worry is something that, at times can be helpful; but you know too much can add some very unwanted stress.

You did manage to have some worry removed with your colonoscopy turning out well. As you know; that is a real plus.

Gerry
Gerry, my worry was never about having bowel cancer because I do trust my instincts and these told me that I only had a couple of haemorrhoids. I just knew that in my case, the colonoscopy would be unlikely to give me the clues about what is wrong. I also felt that I didn't have an IBD.

It is much harder to diagnose MM (I have a friend with it) and lots of my signs and symptoms point to it. But my instincts say that I might well have Sjogrens - hopefully the lip biopsy will yield positive results at last and then I will feel as if I've won the lottery! You can't hold worry down in a born Worrypot like me!

You are right though about knowing too much. But when two rheumatologists both run specific tests then inevitably I wanted to know what these tests were for. The first time I checked out the Bence Jones and sighed huge sigh of relief when it was negative (5pm Xmas Eve). By the time the second one showed negative I had learned that only 50% of those with Multiple Meoloma have positive Bence Jones. Finding out that I have Sjogrens or Lupus or my RA comes back will feel very good - but if not then my knowledge will have me pushing harder than ever for answers and that won't be a bad thing. Mat X

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (07-13-2016), ger715 (07-02-2016)